We are thrilled to announce the immediate availability of Goddess Chosen (Book One of the Goddess Rising Trilogy) by Jay Hartlove.
The man who would beat the devil isn’t a hero, but a ruthless madman.
Running from his dark past, former Duvalier hit man Charles Redmond is forced to take sides in a battle that has been raging since Exodus: between a power-mad magician named Silas Alverado and Sammael, the Demon Prince of Liars.
When Charles’ beloved Voodou is threatened with extinction, he must wager his life between pure evil and the man who could destroy the world.
Charles’ psychiatrist, Sanantha Mauwad, steps into this maelstrom of nightmares, violence and insanity to help Charles find his strength. She tries to save Charles’ mind, but can she save his soul?
Goddess Chosen (Book One of the Goddess Rising Trilogy) is available in hardcover, trade paperback, and digital editions. Signed editions are also available.
We are very pleased to announce the immediate availability of the audio edition of The Iron and The Loom by Flavia Idà.
How many times, she wondered, had she woven together cloth that his sword had then torn apart along with the flesh underneath?
The year is 1136, the place Tropèa, a walled sea town in Southern Italy during the Norman domination.
Kallyna d’Àrgira, a master of the arts of the loom who can turn the world into silk thread, is pledged in marriage by her father to Raimo Trani, a man she hates. After a sudden tragedy leaves her at Raimo’s mercy, into her life comes Dàlibor d’Hancourt, the Norman knight sent by King Roger of Hauteville to be the new governor of Tropèa, a man who, like her, is burdened by a life he did not choose.
Their opposite stations — Kallyna the daughter of a fisherman, Dàlibor the son of a foreign lord — pit them at first against each other. When Kallyna’s talent attracts the unwelcome attention of the heir to Roger’s throne, who can destroy them both, the common threat will draw them together, with a bond that defies all distinctions, into the time of iron that saw the founding of the greatest kingdom in Italy.
Narrated by Laura Gallagher, the audio edition of The Iron and The Loom is available on Audible, Amazon, and iTunes.
We are thrilled to announce the immediate availability of Sometimes After Dark, an anthology of short stories, by J Dark.
Among the tales in this collection to make you think, question, and wonder …
- A rescue mission in a combat zone on a hostile planet becomes something more
- A young girl, searching for the parents who abandoned her, discovers that some answers only lead to more questions
- A young boy learns that it takes more than superpowers to become a hero
- A man who had led a less-than-perfect life finds out that it’s never too late for redemption
- A dying Afghanistan veteran’s last moments of his life are not what he expected them to be
- And, sometimes, on the night before Christmas, it is not always a silent night
Explore the past, future, and triumphs of the human soul.
Sometimes After Dark is available in hardcover, trade paperback, and digital editions. Signed editions are also available.
We’ve all been there: standing behind a desk or a counter for ridiculously long hours, letting the movie of our imagination roll behind our eyes. Maybe you open the supply room door and find another dimension; perhaps the photocopier reproduces cryptic messages from other realities. We’re certain that you can, far too easily, find inspiration from your workplace. Magic, mayhem, revenge — and, yes, perhaps even redemption — can all be found there.
Corporate Catharsis is the anthology we all need — one that can help us survive our corporate servitude with our hearts and souls intact.
|Open for Submissions:
||February 1, 2019 through August 30, 2019
||2,000 – 10,000 words
||0.02 per word + two (2) contributor copies
- Please submit your complete story in standard manuscript form in digital format (DOCX, RTF, or ODT) to submissions (at) paperangelpress.com. (If you want bonus points, also attach a MOBI file; that will help our editorial team be able to read it faster.)
- Please include “Corporate Catharsis Anthology” in the Subject line of your submission.
- Include the following in your cover letter/email:
- Title of your story
- Your real name
- Your physical mail address
- Your preferred email address
- Approximate word count
- Your story can be from whatever genre best fits its theme. However, we are not looking for erotica or stories that contain excessive gore or violence.
- No simultaneous submissions, please. You may submit more than one story, but please send each one as a separate submission.
- We will accept stories that have been previously published. If your story has been published before, please provide proof that you hold the current publishing rights for it when you submit your manuscript.
- We highly recommend that you change any names based on real people in your story to protect the innocent — and to prevent possible further harassment by the guilty.
Check this page for the latest information about the Call for Submissions for this anthology.
We are thrilled to announce the audio edition of Grimaulkin Tales (A Grimaulkin Anthology) by L. A. Jacob.
You can tell a lot about a person by looking at the people in their life — Mike LeBonte is no exception.
Who is Ritter, and why is he so important to Mike?
Who is the Grey Man in the Atheneum? And what is Chevalier to the Rosicrucians?
Did Reverend Greene really escape? Whatever happened to Becky?
Also included in this collection is the first case that Grimaulkin has with his new apprentice, Ash.
Re-enter the world of Grimaulkin, where magic is real.
Narrated by Eric MacArthur, the audio edition of Grimaulkin Tales (A Grimaulkin Anthology) is available on Audible, Amazon, and iTunes.