We’ve all been there: standing behind a desk or a counter for ridiculously long hours, letting the movie of our imagination roll behind our eyes. Maybe you open the supply room door and find another dimension; perhaps the photocopier reproduces cryptic messages from other realities. We’re certain that you can, far too easily, find inspiration from your workplace. Magic, mayhem, revenge — and, yes, perhaps even redemption — can all be found there.
Corporate Catharsis is the anthology we all need — one that can help us survive our corporate servitude with our hearts and souls intact.
|Open for Submissions:||February 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019|
|Expected Publication:||November 2019|
|Story Length:||2,000 – 10,000 words|
|Payment:||0.02 per word + two (2) contributor copies|
- Please submit your complete story in standard manuscript form in digital format (DOCX, RTF, or ODT) to submissions (at) paperangelpress.com. (If you want bonus points, also attach a MOBI file; that will help our editorial team be able to read it faster.)
- Please include “Corporate Catharsis Anthology” in the Subject line of your submission.
- Include the following in your cover letter/email:
- Title of your story
- Your real name
- Your physical mail address
- Your preferred email address
- Approximate word count
- Your story can be from whatever genre best fits its theme. However, we are not looking for erotica or stories that contain excessive gore or violence.
- No simultaneous submissions, please. You may submit more than one story, but please send each one as a separate submission.
- We will accept stories that have been previously published. If your story has been published before, please provide proof that you hold the current publishing rights for it when you submit your manuscript.
- We highly recommend that you change any names based on real people in your story to protect the innocent — and to prevent possible further harassment by the guilty.
We will usually try to acknowledge receipt of your manuscript within 72 hours. We’ll also try to let you know whether or not we’re interested in working with you to publish your story within 30 days after that. Both of these periods may vary, though, depending on the number of submissions we have received during that time.
Please don’t contact us about the status of your manuscript unless at least 30 days have passed since we acknowledged receiving it. If you did not receive an acknowledgement, please feel free to contact us.